Cleaning. It’s probably the most dreadful household chore to do. We’re pretty sure that 75% of us reading this article would rather be chilling on a sofa rather than doing all the vacuuming, mopping and dusting.
However, there are a special 25% of us who actually do find enjoyment in cleaning.
Here are some possible reasons why:
1. Cleaning and clearing things you no longer want or need, means more room for shopping! We only have that much space at home, so out with the old, and in with the new, right? (We can imagine this wouldn’t sit well with the sentimental hoarders, though.)
2. Look, everything in your life can be a hot mess, but your house doesn’t need to be. The idea is that whatever issues you are dealing with may not be resolved instantly, but you can always confront the things immediately in front of you (cough, the pile of clothes on the chair, cough). Ultimately, it’s cheaper than therapy.
3. Cleaning improves relationships. Just imagine coming home after a long day at work, only to know your partner has done all the household chores, and your home is spick-and-span. Do this for your partner once in awhile, and we’re sure you’ll sweep your partner off his/her feet.
4. The act of cleaning forces us to slow down. In this busy modern world, we don’t get a lot of time to ourselves and remain distracted through the day by various screens and other pressing matters. While the repetitive motion of dusting the shelves or wiping the windows are monotonous to some, others find it akin to a practice called mindfulness, which helps put one in a meditative state. How zen.
5. If nothing else, cleaning is a workout. All that stretching to clean hard-to-reach areas, all the lifting and scrubbing, they have to count for something, right?
So there you go! Cleaning can actually be pretty therapeutic to some. However, for the rest of us who are probably still not convinced, we can help you Kaodim all your cleaning needs. Just chill on your sofa, and let us get the cleaning done for you.